The Seattle Man

I'm not a big fan of mocking how people dress. Fashion is fun but let's face facts, we live in Seattle and the weather doesn't always allow us to look our best. When a sales rep tries to convince me to buy a $300 plaid flannel shirt stating, "it's the Williamsburg look" I try to explain that real people in Seattle wear shirts like this... becuase they are cold and work outside... and they paid $9.95 for it at Sears. That's when they roll their eyes and proceed to show me a tank top with a dragon on the back.

This is why I love Erin Norlin's comic about Seattle men's fashion. It's simple fun.

"Years ago, I did a parody of a fashion and style magazine for Seattle men. I've since moved to Los Angeles, and let me tell you....the men down here are the exact opposite of the average guy in Seattle.
Subaru-driving, fleece-wearing, rain-soaked pale men with coffee-stained sweat pants and scraggly beards have been replaced with overly groomed, impossibly fit, wheatgrass drinking dudes who wear $1,200 silk shirts with fire-breathing dragons embroidered on them and who communicate with you by giving you the finger as they nearly cut you off on the 405 as they speed by you in their shiny new Mercedes S-500." - Erin Norlin for Seven Deadly Sinners.


(CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE)


I hope Erin Norlin isn't Aaron Norlin whom I attended Ringdall Middle School in Bellevue, WA with back in the mid 80's.