TIM HAMILTON IN MEN'S NON-NO MARCH 2008

We have just received our first shipment from Tim Hamilton's spring/summer collection and are working to get some pictures on the blog. Until then, check out the following article from the March 2008 issue of Men's Non-no. Tim Hamilton has been a huge hit wherever he appears and Japan is no exception.


"Tom Brown, Scott Sternberg, Adam Camel and Michael Bastian are all popular new American traditional style brands in the New York fashion scene; however, one brand, with its original coloring and very selective material use, mixes for a modern and classic balance, making the brand stand out from these other brands in the scene. This brand is Tim Hamilton.

"There are many designers who arrange Ivy and preppy styles but mine is not like them at all. I don't think the brand should be grouped with American Traditional style, moreover, I intended to make my brand to be more than just American traditional style. We make our clothes mostly in Italy and Japan."

His own brand officially launched in 2007 with a spring/summer collection. New York's famous Bergdorf Goodman carried a small amount of his limited items.

"I don't intend to make my business bigger than I need to get support from my sponsors. I just want to independently make whatever I like. I don't want to change that independent stance, though I need to work much harder to keep it that way. I feel very thankful that my brand is approved by people. I really like Japan and even want to move there in future; I feel really grateful to see my brand being so supported by Japan (laughs)."

In this season, following a fresh trend, the collection is using vivid colors, as well as short pants. For the formal business scene, the collection also has a luxurious and high-end business style.

"In March, the collaboration with Uniqlo, as a capsule collection, will come out. It is reasonably priced and will let many people try my designs. It is a very exciting corporation. Surely, we want people to check my main collection and hopefully get them interested enough for it to join your wardrobe (laughs).""