FIVE NEW FRAGRANCES AT THE BLACKBIRD APOTHECARY FROM CB I HATE PERFUME

We already filled you in on Mr. Hulot's Holiday last weekend, and in doing so neglected to give the FIVE OTHER new fragrances by CB I Hate Perfume in our store a fair mention! Experienced CB wearers can attest to the otherworldly qualities and myriad olfactory complexities present in Mr. Brosius' concoctions, and these five new selections in our shop are no exception. Feast your nose on these:



CB I HATE PERFUME - JUST BREATHE
$65.00
NOTES: This perfume is a transportive assemblage, designed to calm, balance and center the wearer. Snappy hints of bamboo leaves and green tea sit atop three sweet varieties of cedarwood, ensconced in a thin sheath of incense. A warning: Spray on too much and you'll find yourself beyond relaxed in a Buddhist temple nestled in the middle of the forest (you know, and that would be SO unfortunate).




CB I HATE PERFUME - AMBROSIUS
$100.00
NOTES: A blend of amber, cistus, labdanum, and benzoin that positively "crackles and smolders" on the skin. Also includes black pepper oil and an array of carefully selected spices. Mr. Brosius wears this sweet and spicy incense himself.




CB I HATE PERFUME - WALKING IN THE AIR
$65.00
NOTES: The smell of freshly fallen snow in a bottle. From CB himself: "One day, in November 2007 when it was unseasonably warm, I found myself longing for the smell of Snow. Not on me but in the air around me in my studio. I wanted to imagine myself working quietly in the middle of a snow covered pine forest - rather like the ending of the first act of Balanchine's Nutcracker... So I made up a bottle of Snow-scented Home Spray. Narnia in the Winter, the Waltz of the Snowflakes, or perhaps just the fond memories of Snow Days away from School, the smell of Snow is one of the most beautiful things I can think of."



CB I HATE PERFUME - THE FIR TREE
$65.00
NOTES: Designed to let you reclaim a bit of that winter cool no matter what time of year it is, The Fir Tree is the softest of pine needles, tinged with a delicate coating of frosted earth and snow.





CB I HATE PERFUME - AT THE BEACH 1966
$70.00
NOTES: Imagine it’s about 4 o'clock on a golden summer afternoon and you've been at the beach all day rubbing yourself with Coppertone suntan lotion—but Coppertone as it existed in the 60s, not quite as it is now... You walk into the surf as the waves break on the shore and, bending down to touch the surf, you notice the smell of your warm skin and of the salt water that seems so cold by comparison. It has just the faintest hint of watermelon rind, too. The prime note in this scent is Coppertone 1967 blended with a new accord I created especially for this perfume – North Atlantic. The base of the scent contains a bit of Wet Sand, Seashell, Driftwood and just a hint of Boardwalk. The effect when you wear At The Beach 1966 is as if you’ve been swimming all day in the ocean.