NEW FACES AT BLACKBIRD: KEVIN RUSSELL

YES! MORE! We have even more new faces to share with you here at Blackbird. Meet Kevin Russell. Kevin warmly joins our team with Southern roots, stories to tell and great style. Make sure you stop by the store and check out all the newest arrivals and meet Kevin!

Where are you from?
I'm from richmond VA. it's a beautiful town with friendly southern people, lots of art and music, good food and great old buildings. I miss the heat and humidity. i went to art school at VCU there and moved to seattle about 10 years ago.

What's your favorite color?
I generally like most of them.

Favorite band(s)?
I've been listening to efterklang, sea bear, PIL, roxy music, the new cut copy and destroyer lately.

Favorite breakfast food?
Eggs over easy has been on the menu at my house lately...usually with some steamed veggies but sometimes with bacon.....always with tons of coffee.

Where can we find you on a Friday night?
Having dinner with friends at oddfellows, having a drink at sun liquor or twilite exit or even just sitting at home.

Who is someone who inspires you?
Chuck Yeager and trying to relate his experiences as a test pilot to my meditation practice/life decisions.

What else should we know about you?
I am an artist and am working on a bunch of paintings at the moment while going back to school for culinary arts. I've always felt the two were related and I come from a long line of fabulous Southern cooks. I made a lot of meals for friends last year and decided with more practice and skills I could be really good at it. I'm really into traditional preppy style and like to twist it to my own ends. I do yoga pretty frequently and swing around and iron kettlebell(very relaxing). I like to meet new people and hear their stories...i've got a few to tell myself.