Blackbird is looking for a studio photographer who is responsible for the creation of studio product, studio on figure and some editorial imagery for blackbirdballard.com and Blackbird marketing efforts. It requires talent in styling product (from apparel to shoes, fragrance, and much more) and creating compelling professional image photography for the sale of merchandise. Must be able to work on a continuous moving time line. Attention to detail is everything.
The position also requires the ability to communicate, receive and present information effectively and persuasively. Must be able to successfully manage one's own time in a small team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Possess a strong sense of lighting and composition.
- Photograph a variety of products for sale with various lighting and backgrounds.
- Styling and propping merchandise to enhance product and create a visual image.
- Working with the merchandising team to maintain a continual flow of new merchandise to and from set.
- Communicate with web team and marketing team to maintain photo standards.
- Ability to retouch, color manage and digital manipulation of images as necessary.
- Importing/Exporting data as needed from various computers programs.
- Merchandising website by uploading images directly to site using company system.
- Be able to set schedules with models.
- Quality Control; Auditing the retail website for accuracy, trouble shooting image issues as they arise.
- Working with merchandise team troubleshooting inventory and SKU related issues as they pertain to new products going live on the retail site.
Qualifications and experience should include:
- Current portfolio, including in-studio product photography and models.
- Experience with product photography, lighting techniques, studio strobe equipment and digital camera equipment.
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong sense of color and style.
- Strong studio product photography experience.
- High energy, positive attitude, ability to develop and communicate ideas.
- Strong Photoshop skills for editing and manipulation.
- Possess an understanding of color conversion, correction and photo manipulation.
- Proficient in using Macintosh operating system and shooting tethered.
- Ability to work on both MAC and PC platforms.
- Basic understanding of FTP software and basic HTML a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org